Ingenious ideas aren’t born from one-way communication, they arise out of collaboration, inspiration and creative exchange. Siemens is all about fostering the kind of ingenuity that leads to innovation. Ingenuity is our platform for inspiring connections, stimulating conversations and challenging discussions.
Everyone is invited to participate – from in-house experts and topic owners sharing professional insights to specialists working on our products, insiders providing services or simply colleagues interested in the topics that make us tick. And anyone outside the company can read, join the conversation and become part of the community or even contribute with own content, too. Topics range from Smart Cities and Energy Transition to the Internet of Things and the Future of Work.
Ingenuity explicitly encourages controversial conversations and honest discussions. Whether you work for Siemens or not, you are invited to participate freely and share your opinion honestly!
Let your creativity flow and hone your writing with the help of our intuitive AI supported editor. Our AI supported editor helps contributors optimise their spelling, grammar and search engine visibility, making participation easy and possible for everyone, regardless of writing skills.
I. General Information
1. User Roles:
- Anonymous User
An anonymous User can consume the content of Ingenuity without being able to comment, like or share.
- User (Registered User)
A registered User can consume the content of Ingenuity, add comments to Content Contributions and Comments of other Users or Authors, like Content Contributions or share Content Contributions.
- Author (Registered Author)
A registered Author can contribute with content to the platform using the provided templates for the different content types. Authors can further use all the functions provided for and are then subject to all provisions herein relating to Users.
All Siemens employees get the role Author with their registration to Ingenuity.
- Content Contributions can only be made by registered Authors and cover the following content forms:
- Conversation starter
- Comments can be made to Content Contributions by Users and Authors.
- Content Contributions will be sent to a moderator for final publishing after being submitted by an Author
3. Registration and Access:
- In the interest of safety and security, only registered Users and Authors may contribute to Ingenuity.
- By registering, you confirm to be at least 14 years old, or, if the law applicable to you requires you to be older than 14 in order for you to use such a platform (including providing your personal data as required by Ingenuity) without parental consent, then you thereby confirm to be of such older age.
- Siemens reserves the right to deny registration or to later block the account to any User or Author at any time and without obligation to give reasons. This will be considered especially, if the User or Author
- uses false data for the purpose of registration;
- violates any applicable laws in the access to or use of Ingenuity
- For registration the User/Author shall give accurate information and, where such information changes over time, update such information (to the extent possible: online) without undue delay. The User/Author shall ensure that his/her e-mail address, as supplied to Siemens, is current at all times and an address at which the User/Author can be contacted.
- The User/Author shall ensure that User Data is not accessible by third parties and is liable for all activities carried out under its User Data. If and to the extent the User becomes aware that third parties are misusing its User Data the User shall notify Siemens thereof without undue delay.
- The User/Author may at any time request termination of his/her registration in writing. In such event Siemens will remove all user data and other stored personally identifiable data of the User/Author as soon as these data are no longer needed.
If the User wants to get his content contributions deleted, he can contact the moderator in order to do so. In case of content contributed by a Siemens employee, Siemens reserves the right to keep the content.
- Content contributions and comments can be adapted by the registered Author at any time.
- Registration to and participation on the platform is entirely voluntary and can never be mandated.
II. Usage of the platform
1. The following data of the registered User will be visible in connection with his/her content contribution.
- First name
- Profile Picture (optional)
- Profile Description (optional)
- Additional information used, but not publicly shown on the platform:
- Email address of registered users and authors
- Anonymised tracking data of user behaviour
2. Registered Users/Authors will abide by the following rules when contributing on the platform:
- All Users (incl. Authors) must act respectfully and responsibly, exercising common sense and good judgement at all times.
- By using the Ingenuity platform Users/Authors agree that they will not:
- Break the laws or encourage illegal activities
- Infringe the rights of any third parties (copyrights)
- Use the platform in any manner that negatively impacts or impairs other users’ enjoyment of the platform
- Use the platform to distribute spam or other inappropriate comments
- Stalk, harass or intimidate, threaten or cause any discomfort to any other user of the platform
- Use the platform for any commercial purposes, or conduct any financial transactions.
- Give false or misleading registration information, either by omission or provision.
- Attempt to impersonate any other person
- By using the platform, Users/Authors confirm that their use of the platform does not violate, or cause Siemens to violate, the laws of their respective country
- Authors must not upload any illegal, inappropriate, discriminatory, sexually explicit, abusive, offensive, political, private or personal information about another person, malicious code or software, export control relevant, copyrighted, trademarked or any other material that we as Siemens are likely to deem as inappropriate.
*Please note that whilst Siemens encourages such reports of misconduct, Siemens is not responsible for any content that is uploaded to the platform. Users rather have full and total responsibility for their interactions with each other.
IV. Applicable Law
V. Export Control
The provision/upload of product design, software design, development information, manufacturing information or use type information may constitute an export or disclosure of a controlled technology and may be subject to licensing requirements and prohibitions.
Therefore, the provision/upload of product/software design, development, manufacturing or use type information is not permitted here.
Further regulations can be found in the ICP (Internal Control Program Export Control) under the keyword “Technology Transfer“, technical support, the BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security) or BAFA (Federal Office of Economic Affairs and Export Control), or contact your export control business partner.