Have you heard about Additive Manufacturing and its possibilities? We presented this topic at Web Summit and showed how Additive Manufacturing enables mass customization to make individualized products for everybody… like individualized additively manufactured bicycle helmets.
What is Additive Manufacturing and why is it so powerful?
Additive Manufacturing is often associated with 3D printing. A broader public thinks at miniature statues of persons that were 3-D-printed when they hear Additive Manufacturing. But Additive Manufacturing is much more than miniature statues – it is already used in the industrial production.
Siemens, together with EOS, supported the start-up HEXR and its vision of individualized bicycle helmets. Producing workpieces like bicycle helmets in batch size one – affordable for nearly everyone – was unthinkable a few years ago but today thanks to digitalization and Additive Manufacturing it is reality.
At Web Summit 2020 we showed an end-2-end hardware and software workflow resulting in a digital twin of an industrialized Additive Manufacturing factory, which enables mass customization by reducing manufacturing costs.
You have the chance to win an individualized additively manufactured bicycle helmet!
We are giving you the opportunity to win such a bicycle helmet. We are raffling a total of 10 helmets which will be individually adapted to the shape of your head, and offers you the best protection during your bicycle rides.
What do you have to do?
Just answer our question: “What customized 3-D-printed product would you like for the future?” in the comment section and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the subject: “Web Summit 2020” by 11th of December. We will choose the winners at random and inform you via mail if you have won one of these helmets.
If you missed the masterclass about Additive Manufacturing, you can watch the recording of the masterclass here.
If you want to know more about individualized additively manufactured products, read the stories article about here: 3D-printed custom bicycle helmets.
Conditions of participation of the raffle of 10 individualized bicycle helmets:
- All persons aged 18 or older are eligible to participate.
- Persons under 18 years of age are excluded from participation.
- Participation is by answering the question “What customized 3-D-printed product would you like for the future?” in the comment section of this article and sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the name of the participant and the subject: “Web Summit 2020”.
- The competition lasts from 02.12.2020 until 14.12.2020 inclusive.
- We draw 10 individualized bicycle helmets of the start-up HEXR.
- The winners will be determined at random.
- The winners will be notified by e-mail afterwards.
- It is not possible to exchange the prizes for cash or other material assets or to pay out vouchers.
- Siemens reserves the right to cancel or suspend the competition in the event of an extraordinary event, e.g. force majeure, or if for technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or errors in the hardware and/or software) or for legal reasons it cannot be guaranteed that the competition will be carried out properly.
- German law is exclusively applicable to the competition.
- Participation in the competition is subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions of participation. Legal recourse is excluded.