A year ago, Joe Kaeser, Cedrik Neike and the Berlin government signed the MoU for Siemensstadt 2.0. The vision: To create a lively and open city district where people from all over the world live, learn, work together and bring new ideas to life.
A lot has happened since then …
- The response to the project has overwhelmed us and we are looking forward to the further development of the project as well as the upcoming discussions with old and new partners.
- We opened the Coworking-Space A32 together with Governing Mayor Michael Müller.
- In the presence of the Senator for Economy, Energy and Enterprises, Ramona Pop, Siemensstadt 2.0 was declared the 11th Zukunftsort of Berlin.
- Thanks to productive cooperation with the Senate of Berlin, we took the first step of the urban development competition. 18 renowned architectural offices are currently working on ideas for the future-oriented city district in Berlin.
- Hundreds of Berlin’s residents took part in the online dialog or visited our citizens’ forum to share their ideas for the new Siemensstadt.
- The Werner von Siemens Centre for Industry and Science was founded with great partners like the Technische Universität Berlin, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung to provide a home for industry and science.
… and we are far from finished!
Every single day,
we bring the Siemensstadt 2.0 a bit more to life – together with the city of
Berlin, our employees, neighbors, partners and supporters. Thank you all!
more about Siemensstadt 2.0 in the video!